Sometime, you may have to call up technical support to fix something. Maybe one morning you get the blue screen of death, or you get one of those terrifying mistake messages on your screen. Or then again perhaps you attempt to turn your PC on and…nothing. Maybe it’s not your PC by any means, but rather your site is totally down and you need to settle on that decision to your website specialist or web facilitating organization.
I’ve been on the two sides of that panicky call and there are 7 things you can do to help settle on that technical support decision simply somewhat less distressing:
1. Try not to freeze This is simpler said that done when you’re PC’s out of commission and you’re gazing intently at the barrel of a cutoff time. In any case, things will be less unpleasant on the off chance that you don’t go crazy. Odds are the issue isn’t close to as terrible (or costly) as you might suspect.
2. Check the conspicuous before you call-One of the principal things that your tech individual will have you do is to check for clear reasons for inconvenience. Like is your PC connected? Or then again is the flood defender your PC’s associated is turned on? Are the entirety of the links emerging from your PC connected tight? Or on the other hand are entering your secret word in accurately? Or then again do you have the “Covers lock” key on while you’re entering your secret key? They have you gone through this drill in light of the fact that multiple occasions the straightforward stuff is the issue. So go through a portion of the undeniable reasons for inconvenience before you get the telephone.
3. Get readied If you have any guarantees or administration contracts get together those materials before you call. It will save you a touch of time simply on the off chance that your tech individual demands this data. You may likewise require the chronic number for your PC. These are typically situated on a sticker put on the back, base, or side of your PC or they are situated in your PC enrollment desk work.
4. Be as explicit as conceivable Simply saying “My PC’s not working” isn’t excessively useful. Technical support as of now accepts that your PC isn’t working since you wouldn’t call just to say howdy. What they need to know is “how is your PC not working?”. You should be as explicit as could be expected under the circumstances. Will your PC not beginning by any means? Is the issue that you can turn the PC on however it won’t go past the startup screen? Maybe you can move beyond the startup screen yet you can’t open up a specific program? Depict your concern beginning to end; what you were doing when you experienced your concern, what your PC does, and if there are any uncommon circumstances that appear to agree with the issue.
5. Record blunder messages-Usually when something turns out badly, you’ll get some sort of mistake message that endeavors to mention to you what the issue is. On the off chance that you can’t get a handle on the message, set aside the effort to record it. It might mean something to the tech individual you’re conversing with and it may assist them with diagnosing the issue slightly quicker.
6. Make note of any new changes or occurrences Sometimes the reason for your PC inconvenience is something that is changed on your PC or some episode that has happened as of late, for example,
the expansion of new equipment (printer, scanner, hard drive, memory, and so forth)
the expansion or erasure of programming
a force interruption or force flood
the expansion of cancellation of a help
programming overhauls or security patches
Now and again changes like this can cause some unexpected issues with different things that might appear to be identified with your concern. At the point when you’re conversing with your tech individual, make them mindful of any progressions or augmentations you made before you began having issues. They’ll have the option to let you know whether these progressions are identified with your difficulty.
7. Keep takes note of A great deal of times a call to the help office implies that you’ll be investing a ton of energy in the telephone being sent starting with one individual then onto the next. Keep notes on who you converse with, when you conversed with them, and what they’ve never really analyze the issue. In the event that you find that you need to continue calling the help office or on the off chance that you have to a maintenance individual fix your PC face to face, these notes will prove to be useful.